Thursday, August 24, 2017

Another Uncensored Excerpt from Safe and Sane

The second book in the Club Starburst Series will release on Saturday, August 26th. Please enjoy this excerpt, and then head over to http://bit.ly/jcsafeandsane to pre-order or download your copy.


Excerpt:

She lathered the shampoo and closed her eyes as her fingers massaged tension from her scalp and nape. The hot water added another layer of relaxation as she worked to push the night's scene from her mind.
Twenty minutes later, she was dressed in a simple nightgown and her blow-dried hair oiled and protected by a silk scarf as she crawled into bed. Even though she slept on satin sheets to prevent damage to her hair, the scarf usually let Maverick know that she wasn't in sexy mood and to keep his hands to himself.
“What's wrong?” he asked as she settled beside him and turned away.
“Nothing. I'm tired and have to go into the office for a few hours tomorrow.”
“What's that supposed to mean, Des? It's a Friday night.” His hand ran along the curve of her hip.
“It means you got off tonight, so I'm going to sleep.” She removed his hand and pulled the covers over her shoulders.
“Are you fucking kidding me?”
“Not at all.” Desiree sighed. “I don't feel like having sex with you right now. Maybe tomorrow.”
“You're still mad about what happened at the club, aren't you?”
His question was met with silence.
“Seriously, Des? You're going to pout because I got a little carried away with how good your mouth felt?”
“Carried away?” She rolled so that she was facing him and made an effort to keep her outrage from being reflected in her voice. Calmly, she said, “You ignored me signaling you to stop, Mav. As a Dom, my limits should have never left your mind. And as my boyfriend, you should have given a damn that I was uncomfortable in front of a room full of people who were all probably wondering what the hell was wrong with you tonight! So, no, I don't feel like fucking you after that.” So much for not sounding as livid as she felt. She turned her back to him and yanked the covers back over her body.
“It's not like I was hurting you! For fuck's sake, Desiree—you're overreacting.”
“My body, my choice. I said stop and you ignored me. Now I'm saying no and you want to argue. Either go to sleep or go away so that I can.”
She felt the mattress bouncing as Maverick moved to the edge of the bed and got from beneath the covers. The slam of the bedroom door was the final punctuation on their argument.


No comments:

Post a Comment